General office assistant/Trainee QS wanted to assist the commercial manager and the general Office staff, at a busy construction Company in Nottingham. Duties to include
• Assisting with project tenders, collating of prices, specs, printing of plans & carry out take-off’s.
• Liaising closely with the QS at tender stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided
• Downloading tender files from clients and uploading to the server
• Printing off tender documents and setting up drawing folders
• Collating and sending out tender documents to subcontractors
• Chasing up and comparing subcontract quotations
• Writing bills of quantities
• Pricing tender bills of quantities
• Updating the subcontractor database
• Visit sites at the request of the commercial manager to carry out progress reports/valuations and check on measure
• Pricing variations
• Negotiating with subcontractors
• Chairing meetings with subcontractors
• Agreeing contract terms and drafting subcontractor orders
The role will also consist of:
• General office duties
• General filing
• Answering phone/filing/compiling spreadsheets when needed
• Placing orders for materials
• Must have clean driving license and ability to work under pressure
• Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
• Salary: To be Discussed
• 9 hour shift Monday to Friday
The Ideal Candidate
Strong organisational skills.
Ability to work in isolation, but also as part of a team within a growing business
Excellent software & hardware IT skills, especially in Mircrosoft Excel.
Please send your CV to Patrick@conlonconstruction.co.uk
Please e-mail your CV which includes your Name, contact number and e-mail address.